June Challenge: Meal times!
(example art by Reapersun)
~Ends June 30th~
PLEASE READ ALL THE RULES BEFORE BEGINNING!
Our challenge for June is to draw Sherlock character(s) in a mealtime situation - times characters have eaten, together or by themselves. You could choose a situation which is an extension of a canon moment, an original situation or as part of an AU.
It’s a very open ended challenge in regards to content, so a great opportunity to get creative with pairings and context. Also a good excuse to draw some food porn!
Entries can feature one character or a number of different characters and you can choose any character or characters in Sherlock (any version, BBC, RDJ, etc) for the challenge.
Below are some examples of mealtime situations you could use:
- Sherlock and John sharing takeaway
- Sherlock cornering Molly with a crisps-only lunch because he needs a favor
- Mycroft eating a fancy dinner all by his lonesome at his fancy table in his fancy house
- Holiday dinners (Christmas jumpers!!)
- post-injury Sherlock or John with cheap hospital food and those weird jello cups
- Sherlock sneaking some substances into John’s coffee
- Sally and Lestrade eating chips in the car during a stakeout
- mustachioed Reichenbach John looking forlornly across the table at the extra cup of tea he absentmindedly made
- pre-Sherlock John with his uneaten apple
- Sherlock cooking John a “romantic” dinner as if it were a chemistry experiment
Before starting on your piece, please read the full guidelines under the read more.
-Obviously entries of the same mealtime scenario or food are fine.
-You can include any pairing, any rating, any version of Sherlock. If your artwork is explicit it’d be appreciated if you could put it under a preview or read more. We’re very flexible on content.
-You can submit art (drawn/painted/etc), graphics/photo manips, cosplay, photography, or crafts. Photo manips should alter at least 50% of the original image to qualify (meaning you can’t just paste a face onto a photo). If your image happens to have fic attached to it, that’s great, but we will not be accepting purely fic submissions this time around.
-We aren’t critical of quality! Whether you choose to push yourself and make something elaborate, or only have an hour or so and just want to participate, we love everything we get! Also, don’t put your work down in your comments!
-Please create new art! We feel it’s missing the point of the challenge to accept old works. However, if in the past you’ve created artwork with Sherlock characters with food / eating, already, then feel free to submit new art of your old concept.
-Limit of submissions: max 2.
-How to submit: post it to your blog. Tag it “letsdrawsherlock” within the first five tags (you must do this when you post; if you edit in the tag later it generally doesn’t appear under the tag listing). You can also send us your post ID via askbox.
A reminder about our buddy group: Let’s Write Sherlock!!! This group is run by a different set of people, so the challenges will not be the same, but they update much more often than we do! Feel free to enter both!